Friday, December 19, 2014

1996 Marvel Masterpieces Double Impact Punisher/Psylocke - Graded BGS 9.5 Gem Mint

Set: 1996 Marvel Masterpieces
Company: Fleer/Skybox
Type: Insert/Chase - Double Impact
Character: Punisher/Psylocke
Grading Company: BGS (Beckett Grading Services)
Grade: 9.5 Gem Mint
Status: Personal Collection

This is one of my favorite cards as it includes two of my favorite Marvel heroes - Punisher and Psylocke.  The 1996 Masterpieces set is now one of the most expensive sets from that era since they had limited distribution in the late 90's.  All artwork was done by the husband and wife team of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell.  Their amazing and talented skills were showcased in all the cards of this set, including the Double Impact chase/insert set.  I bought this card raw on EBay a few years ago and paid about $90 for it.  I probably overpaid a bit given that the market price at that time was about $70 but the seller included many close up pictures and I thought the card had a good chance of grading Mint to Gem Mint.  As you can see, my hunch was right!  This card is now part of my personal collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment