Wednesday, December 31, 2014

1996 Marvel Masterpieces Double Impact Rogue/Human Torch - Graded BGS 9.5 Gem Mint

Set: 1996 Marvel Masterpieces
Company: Fleer/Skybox
Type: Insert/Chase - Double Impact
Character: Rogue/Human Torch
Grading Company: BGS (Beckett Grading Services)
Grade: 9.5 Gem Mint
Status: Personal Collection

Another one of my favorite graded Marvel cards is the Rogue/Human Torch Double Impact insert card from the 1996 Marvel Masterpieces set.  Beckett graded this card 9.5 Gem Mint and similar to the Punisher/Psylocke Double Impact card I highlighted earlier, it is the only one in the world graded Gem Mint based on Beckett's population report.

I purchased two unopened 1996 Marvel Masterpieces packs among which one included this exact card.  The edges are prone to flaking and chipping as they are extremely condition sensitive.  So far I have two out of the six Double Impact cards graded Gem Mint.  The remaining are graded BGS 9 Mint so it'll be awhile until my quest is complete.

The only thing I need to get Beckett to fix is the label as they printed "Rogue/Human Torch/Rogue."  To some, this may not be a big deal but considering how much I'm OCD to this kind of stuff, I'll be sending this card back to Beckett in the near future for a correction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment